Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chatter

Lots of chatter and enthusiasm in the office today. Boss man treated us to lunch (he feels bad for something), half of the office ordered Chicken Pad Thai. Please --- Chicken Pad Thai, is anything more cliche. Chicken Pad Thai epitomizes lefty New York City. This is a dish that we think is ethnic and unique -- it makes us feel good about order "foreign" (foreign -- an awkward I before e word) food when there is really nothing special about the dish. You sure as shit aint showing me nothing by ordering Chicken Pad Thai. People have been eating forms of Chicken Pad Thai for years, long before there was a Lemongrass Grill on every little side street. I've never been to Bangkok -- but I'm guessing nothing is authentic about Chicken Pad Thai.

Top 5 pseudo lefty New York wanna be foreign foods: (I hate lists)

-- Pad Thai
-- Falafel
-- Mojitos (not a food, but you know what I'm getting at)
-- Sushi
-- Plantains

Other thoughts:

The best food ever is Shrimp Lo Mein. It's political season again in New York and every candidate should have Shrimp Lo Mein night. I'd work my ass off for everyone if you fed me with Shrimp Lo Mein. The Shrimp is good, the Lo is good and Mein is good.

My office is, remarkably, closed tomorrow, originally it was because there was going to be no water in the building. However, they fixed the problem and there will be water, so everyone could come to work -- but nobody is going to anyway. The igloo is gone. This is a true sign of a healthy office, all we are doing is trying to get out the door as quick as possible. Everyone -- from the bosses on down. Hell if the security guard stubbed his toe, they'd close the office.

Fuck it -- I'm off for Pad Thai
Frank

1 Comments:

Blogger Prosnit said...

I did something funky and received all this corporate spam on my blog -- much apologies.

Frank

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home