Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day

I haven't been at work for a while, because of our day off (see the last post) on Friday and Labor Day last Monday. Nevertheless, I am back today and the panic, nausea, and disgust of being back in the City and back in front of the computer has hit. However, knowledge of a short week is what fuels me through the day.

The money issue is probably the hardest thing about this job. There isn't enough of it. As I predicted earlier, despite The Igloo's departure (see posts of a few days ago) and the work that will be dumped on my shoulders -- I shall receive no raise. Bossman called us into the office to tell us that we were doing a good job. He said he appreciated the work that we do --- blah blah blah, but he doesn't have the money to give us a raise.

The thing about my salary -- I get paid better than some others I know in the biz is that at 26 years old I thought that I would be able to purchase things without having to think twice. It would be nice to be able to buy a new pair of sneakers and not worry about my credit card bill. One of these days I'd like to be able to make an impulse purchase without stressing out over whether or not I can afford it. My primary luxuries are playing in an expensive basketball league and 2 ply toilet paper. Of course I gorge out on Shrimp Lo Mein.

My colleague and friend in the office has resorted to giving blow jobs for extra money. The great irony of this is that she is a lesbian --- Lesbians sucking cock for rent money -- only in New York City Politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home