Monday, September 12, 2005

Friday No Show

We have this wonderful concept in my office called Summer Fridays. Every Friday from July 4th until Labor Day, we come in for only a half day. If you want to take a long weekend or play golf one afternoon -- it's fantastic. Last Friday, the first one post Labor Day, we were supposed to have a full day of work. We were all going out to lunch for the Igloo's last day and then we were all supposed to return to the office and finish our work day, which ends at 6. Well, we went out to lunch -- we were to meet at 1:00. I showed up at 1:10 with the Igloo. Voodoo showed up at 1:45 and Bossman (aka Politician X) showed up at 2:15. After we were done with lunch -- nobody went back to work, and nobody cared. Nobody even considered going back to work.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I found it somewhat funny, that everybody in the office, including all the bosses, just shrugged their shoulders and said "Fuck it ... I'm done for the Week!" Just a point of information, we are supposed to be public servants, we get paid by taxpayers.

I went home ate Shrimp Lo Mein and sniffed Glue Sticks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home