Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Oops

Apologies for my lack of posting in recent time. I wish I could tell you I was off fighting barbarians in a remote desert or that I had discovered the cure to hiccups, but I cannot – I chalk up my lack of posting to low energy and computer problems. Believe me there hasn’t been any dearth of items to blog about.

I want to discuss the fate of Rocket in my office – she’s probably my closest friend in the Kennel and one that I have, on occasion, spent some time with “not on the clock.” (What the fuck does “on the clock” mean anyhow. I haven’t seen the bossman in over a week – but you can bet your ass he’s still getting paid) Well Rocket is fed up with life at the Kennel, and let’s be honest, so would you. Yesterday, she sent the following email to her friends with the subject line NEED OUT BAD:

I am too young for my soul to die!!!!
If anyone knows of jobs available in your
wonderful, joyous workplaces, please let me
know. I would prefer a job where I can implement
my writing and editing skills and not in the
neofacist way that I'm doing now (I work for a
politician). Help is appreciated!

I think the straw the broke the camel’s back (lot of clichés today) was when she was trying to get the bossman’s attention about some letter or testimony a few weeks ago and said something to the extent of “Rocket needs you to look at this” and he replied “You tell that bitch to wait!” Sure he was joking and it was kind of lighthearted – but hardly a professional way to treat your underpaid employees.

Will try and post for often in the near future – nice that you missed me.

Frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home