Friday, October 07, 2005

Long absence

I apologize for the absence in blogging. I was away for a few days and am back in the office again. The Alpha Dog, evidently, was a little disturbed that I took so much time (3 days) off. Hence, I got phone calls on both Tuesday and Wednesday from the Kennel complaining about this or that.

On Tuesday, The Alpha Dog was furious that his Playwriting Class (not making this up) was canceled. Evidently, the teacher canceled the class for Rosh Hashana and the Alpha Dog showed up, not knowing that the class was canceled. Instead of shrugging his shoulders and going home, like anyone else would have done -- he needed to release his rage someplace else and called me at 6:15 on Tuesday night as I was driving to my grandmothers, for our own Rosh Hashana meal. Bossman proceeded to complain -- in a rather hostile fashion -- that he missed his playwriting class and I hadn't gotten him the information that this would be canceled. Was this part of my job description? Do I need to find out that your playwriting class is canceled? Do you need me to fold your laundry for you too? How about making sure that you car has its gas tank full? If you run out of gas on the highway are you going to call and bitch that I didn't fill the tank up enough?

On Wednesday, I got two calls from the Kennel. The Alpha Dog made the office call me (he was "too upset to call himself") because there were meetings he needed me to cover and it was irresponsible for me to be away for so long and not figure out my work situation. I didn't care very much then and I don't feel bad now, it fact the whole thought that he was even calling me on a holiday I found remarkably offensive.

Other thoughts:

The highlight of recent times is that we've been interviewing people to fill in for the Igloo. We've had a couple of candidates that we've invited in for interviews. Amazingly people responded to the following job wanted ad.

Disfunctional Office looking for Staff Member to be ridiculed, unappreciated, and overwhelmed. Applicant must be willing to devote long hours, run personal errands and work in a kennel. Pay is commensurate with a part time position, even though we expect full time hours. Bonuses: endless supply of glue sticks. BA mandatory, marijuana Smoker a plus. Please send resume to outofyourfuckingmind@thekennel.com

The interview starts with the person meeting with the Alpha Dog. He is actually pretty tough in interviews, asking hard questions that try to shake the person a little bit. "What do you think should be done to Transgendered Hookers?"

After the Alpha Dog interviews the person, we all gather around a table and interview the person a little more. We try and be friendly and ask legit questions, but the job hurts us so much, we don't do a very good job masking it in interviews. The interviews consist of inside jokes and us lying about our work and responsibilities. We do say that the office can be frustrating at times. If I was the one being interviewed I would run for the woods.

However, if we told it like it was -- nobody would ever work here.

The other day we interviewed a Kansas Rodeo Queen. We've interviewed a very loud kid from California, he was very nervous and spoke really loudly and would laugh at inappropriate times. We interviewed a flaming gay kid. We interviewed some woman who's email was wisdompluswar@____.com. We interviewed another kid who had no goals and didn't want to do anything. We interviewed some jock whose only hobby was rugby.

We are going to call back three this week. The person will probably start by the end of November.

In other news, I'm starting to look for new jobs. Any help -- help Frank out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home