Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Once again

As discussed earlier, we have summer Fridays at the office (from now on the Kennel) until Labor Day. Last Friday, like the one before, we extended summer Fridays. We are now 2 + weeks past Labor Day and are still shrugging our shoulders on Friday afternoons and ducking out as early as possible. The highlight of last Friday came when Bossman strolled into the Kennel at about 1:30, as everyone else was packing up to go to lunch and then home, Bossman asked if we planned on coming back and without hesitation everybody said no. Two minutes later we left.

Now, I haven't worked in a ton of offices, but my guess is that you aren't supposed to leave 4 hours early, tell your boss you aren't coming back and then proceed to abandon him by himself in the office. Welcome to the Kennel.

Some other office notes ....

The animosity in the office is at an all time high. People are giving up. I'd say that there is one person that actually has no plans of leaving in the next 6 months. I am looking forward to hiring the Igloo's replacement, we have a couple of interviews on the horizon -- fresh blood to taint.

We all went to lunch again the other day. The conversation was as stale as circus pretzels. Nobody had anything to say to one another. I drank 2 Iced Coffees, which put my total for the day at 4. I'll blog about coffee in the future ... It really fits into my morning routine.

Bossman gave me some booze yesterday. Dooley's original Toffee and Vodka Liqueur which comes with two little liqueur glasses. It must have been a gift that Bossman found someplace -- the ironic thing is that he's a recovering alcoholic. Yes, my boss, the recovering alcoholic gave me booze. It takes every ounce of will power not to drink it during the middle of the day.

Bossman also brought in the Lesbian travel guide to the Kennel the other day. He stood in the middle of the office and read about the Lesbian scene in Kentucky, it was actually very amusing. The current sexual make-up of the office is 3 Lesbians, 2 gay men, 1 asexual, 1 gay intern and me. Despite the homosexual make-up of the Kennel -- I am straighter than ever. Nothing has kept me from sliding down that Kinsey scale more than being surrounded by these people. I don't think I'd mine being a Lesbian though!

2 Comments:

Blogger The OCC said...

"The Kennel" -- hmm. Maybe you should call the Bossman Canine #1, or Alpha Dog...

(If I keep peppering you with bad suggestions you might become inspired)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Prosnit said...

OCC --

Thanks for the love, I like the suggestions, We're getting close. I'm going to start using Alpha Dog, until we get the perfect one.

Best -
Frank

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home