Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend Warrior

I am remarkably sick of doing the work of other people. This past weekend I was called into service to attend a Women's Conference early Saturday morning -- I don't know about you, but there are plenty of other of places I would have rather been on a Saturday morning, primarily my pillow. But no, Frank has to fill in for the not one, but two people at the Kennel that work directly with woman's issues.

Now, I'm all about being a team player, subbing for others when something comes up -- I've done it plenty of times and never complained -- but this Saturday was different. Nobody had a doctor's appointment, nobody was on vacation, nobody's cousin was having a bar-mitzvah, nobody was sick, what happend on Saturday was nobody was willing to do their job. The two people (both of whom I've subbed for on numerous occasions) just didn't feel like showing up and doing thier job.

Imagine this, you are supposed to go to a meeting -- decide that you are too busy or important to go and then just shove one of your colleagues off to fill in for you. I'd really want to work in an environment like this -- wouldn't you? Showing up at work today I cringed at the thought of being around either of them -- it was even more disturbing when they asked me how the conference was! I wanted to unleash my own form of feminism on both of them.

The event was a collection of crazy feminists preaching witty sayings like "The only bush I trust is my own". The event was complete with an aging feminist folk singer playing her acousting guitar and singing about how she missed Gloria Steinem. I consider myself a true feminist, but this just wasn't for me -- my legs were the smoothest in the entire room.

I did make up for my weekend workday. I took nearly 3 and half hours to stand in line and get tickets for a couple of concerts early this morning. I was running an errand ... the errand just happenend to take almost 4 hours. I strolled back into the Kennel, sat at my desk pulled out a zip lock bag and snorted 4 lines of cocaine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prosnit said...

Point taken. Thanks for commenting -- I'll agree to disagree. By the way, who is Tom? I don't know who that is?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home